Aurangabad ( Maharashtra) – Twenty-one labourers working in SRJ Steel Plant in Jalna, left for Madhya Pradesh on the night of 7th May from Jalna to Aurangabad through railway tracks. After covering a few kilometers on foot, they were tired and slept on the track. On 8th morning, they were hit by a goods train and 16 of them died on the spot and 2 were severely injured. In this incident, the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chauhan and the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Uddhav Thackeray have announced a monetary help of ₹5 lakh each to the family members of the deceased.
- Explosives found in Sampark Kranti Express at Samastipur, Bihar
- Indian Railway lost Rs 700 crores of property in the violent protest against Agnipath
- Sujeet Swamy fought 5 years to get a refund of Rs 35 for a cancelled train ticket
- Amravati still has a railway track owned by the British
- Legal notice issued to submit ownership documents of illegal Mazar at Agra Cantonment Railway station
- Loud music and speaking loudly on the mobile phone while travelling by train at night is now an offence