Coronavirus has disrupted daily life every-where and common people are afraid. In such a situation, there is a possibility of manifestation of personality defects such as disturbed mind due to minor reasons, anxiety, restlessness due to fear. Taking proper autosuggestions will help overcome these personality defects. Some autosuggestions are given ahead to increase mind power and stay calm.
1. Incident : Fear with a thought that ‘I will be infected with coronavirus’.
Autosuggestion : Whenever I feel afraid with the thought that ‘I will be infected with coronavirus’, I will remind myself that I am taking all necessary precautions, and I will remain in Divine thoughts by utilising maximum time in chanting and praying.
2. Incident : Fear that ‘I will die if I am infected with coronavirus’.
Autosuggestion : Whenever I get the thought that ‘I will die if I am infected with coronavirus’, I will remember that 80% of patients infected have mild illness. With this awareness, I will remain positive and take care of my health by following the guidelines given by family members, well-wishers and Government agencies.
3. Incident : Feeling worried that despite medication, my daughter’s cold/fever is not subsiding.
Autosuggestion : When my daughter has a long running cold/fever, I will realise that not every cold/fever is due to infection. I will have faith in God and give her medicines as advised by the doctors and will inform them about her status from time to time.
4. Incident : Feeling anxious that family members cannot travel to meet me due to coronavirus.
Autosuggestion : Whenever I feel anxious that my family members cannot travel to meet me due to coronavirus, I will become aware that for everyone’s safety during the pandemic, it is better to avoid travelling and this situation is temporary. I will take care of my health by following the guidelines given by the Government to prevent myself and my family from getting infected with the coronavirus.
5. Incident : Feeling worried if essential commodities (milk, food, grains, medicines, etc.) will be available, since these are in shortage during the lockdown.
Autosuggestion : Whenever I feel worried if essential commodities (milk, food, grains, medicines, etc.) will be available to me, since these are in shortage during the lockdown, I will realise that the Government has made arrangements for distributing these items. Hence, I will remain calm and focus on chanting and praying.
6. Method of taking autosuggestions : For the inappropriate thought that is causing stress or worry, take the autosuggestion for 15 days or till the thought reduces. Do 5 autosuggestion sessions in a day. In each session, give the autosuggestion 5 times to the subconscious mind.
7. Do autosuggestion sessions after concentrating and in a short time, and experience that inappropriate thoughts have reduced : Many people have experienced that if the autosuggestion sessions are done with concentration, they have faster effect on the subconscious mind and the thoughts of stress or anxiety reduce in a short time. Hence, do the autosuggestion sessions with concentration. If you cannot concentrate due to useless thoughts, the autosuggestion session can be done aloud or read from the paper on which it is written. Then, the mind will not pay attention to useless thoughts; they will automatically reduce and the autosuggestion session will be effective. While taking the autosuggestion, make sure that others are not disturbed.
Autosuggestions as narrated above can also be taken for any other thought that is causing stress, tension, anxiety, etc. (To eliminate the defects of the mind, giving appropriate autosuggestion to the subconscious mind is part of the personality defects removal process (PDR). Information on the complete PDR process is given in Sanatan’s Text series – ‘Personality Defects removal and Ego removal [7 Volumes].)
– Shrisatshakti (Mrs.) Binda Singbal, Sanatan Ashram, Ramnathi, Goa.
Enhance your spiritual practice by having faith that in the current adverse times, God only is going to protect us !