Objection to fictional scenes in the film Adipurush
Mumbai – Teaser of upcoming film Adipurush based on Prabhu Shriram, has been released. There are many objectionable scenes in the film teaser. And of course there are some who are supporting the file also. Ideally, producing a mega film on the life of Prabhu Shriram should be most welcome; however, if while producing it the truth is side-lined and imaginativeness is given prominence, the producer will incur the demerit of imbibing inappropriate history on the society. This is evident from the teaser of Adipurush. The scenes displayed in the film that are totally imaginative and have no relevance to the Puranas are objectionable. Hindu Janajagruti Samiti expresses its discontentment. Prabhu Shriram is the Deity worshipped by the entire Hindu society. A film on Him should be made after studying the Scriptures and not merely based on imagination under freedom of art. This view was expressed by the National Spokesperson of HJS, Mr Ramesh Shinde.
The scenes in the teaser of the film that are objectionable to the Hindus should be studied by the producers to honour the sentiments of the society and make adequate changes.
Bollywood का पूर्णतः बहिष्कार करने की आवश्यकता है !
फिल्म #Adipurush में रामायण का मजाक बनाया गया है, जो समस्त हिन्दुओं की धार्मिक आस्था को ठेस पहुंचाता है।
— HinduJagrutiOrg (@HinduJagrutiOrg) October 8, 2022
The objectionable issues in the teaser are as mentioned ahead –
1. Showing Deity Hanuman wearing leather outfits and without crown : In this context, the honourable Home Minister of Madhya Pradesh Mr Narottam Mishra has lodged a protest. In the stanzas of Hymn Hanuman Chalisa the attire of Hanuman is also described and hence, it should be accordingly; however, the attire shown in the teaser is different.
2. Hanuman is shown bearded but without moustache: No Hindu Deities have such hair styles. On the contrary, keeping beard without moustache is Muslim style. Hindu society will never tolerate display of a Hindu Deity thus.
3. Deity Sita wearing sleeveless blouse : Displaying Mother Sita who happens to be Bhudevi (Deity Earth) in such attire is grossly incorrect.
4. Ravan’s personality matching that of Moghuls : Ravan had performed extreme penance and obtained the grace of Deity Shiva; he was Brahman and an eminent scholar; however, ego and evil attitude led to his downfall. He can never be compared to the Moghul invaders.
5. Ravan’s Pushpak plane : This has been shown as an animated cruel bird. It is grossly incorrect.
Director Om Raut has produced good films earlier; therefore, he could have made a sincere attempt in this film as well. However, the above mentioned objectionable scenes were realised from the teaser of the film. There could be more objectionable scenes in the entire film. Hence, HJS is making a demand with Mr Om Raut that he shows the film to Saints and Mahants, students of history, representatives of Hindu organisations and get his doubts cleared and only then release the film. Today there are many film producers who purposefully generate some conflict about their film to raise curiosity of people and thereby, make money. The Samiti also expects you not to be one among them.