Haridwar (Uttarakhand) – Lakhs of pilgrims and Saints from various respectable Akharas in Kumbha Mela had a Holy bath in River Ganga on the day of Somvati Amavasya. Acharyas and Mahamandaleshwars from various camps along with Sadhus, Saints and lakhs of pilgrims took a Holy dip in Ganga at Har Ki Paudi. According to Kumbh Mela IG Sanjay Gunjyal, more than 21 lakh devotees took a dip in River Ganga from the midnight of 11th April through the noon. Gyanendra Bir Bikram Shah, the last monarch of Nepal, also had a Holy dip in Ganga.
Juna Akhara’s Mahamandaleshwar Gautam Giri Maharaj and his numerous followers were the first to have a Holy bath in Ganga; followed by the processions of Sadhus and Saints of Niranjani Akhara along with Agni and Avahan, Mahanirvani, Ani, Nirmohi, Digambar, Shri Panchayati Akhara Bada Udasin, Shri Panchayati Akhara Naya Udasin and Shri Nirmal Akhara. The processions of Sadhus and Saints were carried out from their places to the ghat. Sadhus and Saints from all these Akharas took a Holy dip till 5 in the evening.
Sanatan Sanstha and Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) welcomes Sadhus and Saints
Sanatan Sanstha and Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) held the welcome banners for Sadhus and Saints at Bairagi Akhara chowk and Har Ki Paudi. These banners drew attention across the Kumbha Mela. Welcome banners were also held in Har Ki Paudi area. Banners held in Bairagi Akhara chowk made the surroundings auspicious and filled enthusiasm in everybody around. HJS’s Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh representative Sunil Ghanvat, Sanatan Sanstha’s representative Abhay Vartak, HJS’s Anand Jakhotiya, Rajesh Umrani, Hari Krushna Sharma and various others were present for welcoming the Sadhus and Saints.
- A reception room was set up at Bairagi Akhara chowk on behalf of Sanatan Sanstha and HJS. As the processions approached the reception room, seekers would welcome the Sadhus, Saints and Mahamandaleshwar by announcing their names on megaphone.
- Announcements regarding Shriram, Shri Hanuman and Hindu Rashtra were being made through the megaphone. Sadhus, Saints and devotees actively responded to these announcements.
1. Some devotees spontaneously held the welcome banners.
2. Moved by the dedication of seekers and HJS workers, one of the devotees served tea and water bottles to them.
1. Pilgrims took a dip at Rishi Kul Ganga ghat, Kashyap ghat, Govindpuri, Premnagar Ashram ghat, Alaknanda ghat and Birla ghat.
2. Bomb detection squad, paramilitary force, border security force and local police were on strict vigil.