It has been noticed that seekers are being cheated through various means while buying houses or land or taking houses on rent at an alternative place.
1. Charging rates for a house or land higher than the market rates.
2. Failure to comply with or provide legally binding documents.
3. Not completing the legal formalities for building a house on the land shown to the seekers.
4. Charging extra for providing various facilities.
5. When building a house, taking a large amount in advance instead of taking money in instalments as per the prevailing rules and taking all the money without handing over the house.
6. Asking seekers to enter into transactions even though the registration of the land shown for construction of building or bungalow is non-existent.
7. Asking seekers to transact in cash when buying land or flat and saying that receipt for the payment and Goods and Services Tax (GST) will not be given.
8. Saying – ‘If you persuade others to buy a nearby house or land, we will give you a discount on your purchase’.
9. Giving false information such as – ‘I have a close relationship with Sanatan’, ‘I am a donor or reader of Sanatan Prabhat’, ‘I speak in your programmes’, ‘I organise your programmes’.
10. Encouraging seekers to deal hastily by falsely claiming that all their plots or flats are getting sold out.
Seekers are being cheated in various ways. If such or any other types of fraud have taken place or if anyone has tried to do so, seekers should provide the details in writing to the following address. Based on this information, efforts can be made to avoid other seekers from getting cheated.
Name and contact number : Mrs.Bhagyashree Sawant – 7058885610
E-mail : [email protected]
Postal address : Mrs. Bhagyashree Sawant, Sanatan Ashram, 24/B, Bandora, Ponda, Goa – 403 401.