O’ Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale ! You are an ocean of mercy and compassion. All of us express gratitude unto Your Holy feet !
Saint Bhaktaraj Maharaj (H.H. Baba – Dr Athavale’s Guru) would say, ‘My Guru (Shri Anantanand Saish) used to tell me, ‘I will feed whoever sings my bhajans’. The implied meaning is – H.H. Baba wrote many bhajans on the importance of the Guru, Chanting, Bhaktiyoga, etc. and propagated these bhajans during His life time as satseva unto His Guru. The Guru’s (Shri Anantananda Saish) words were in fact a blessing that ensured the wellbeing of all who took up this mission. In this context H.H. Baba would say, “I propagated the bhajans as advised by my Guru and He ensured my wellbeing.’ H.H. Baba also looked after the wellbeing of His disciples in every respect.
May every moment of our life be filled with gratitude, O’ Gurudev ! This is our prayer unto Your Holy feet !
Disciple Dr Jayant Athavale also followed in the footsteps of H.H. Baba and spent His life in propagating Spirituality – He is still doing it. Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale also built Ashrams so that Sanatan’s seekers are able to perform spiritual practice well and the mission to serve the Nation and Dharma speeds up. Many seekers are performing satseva in these Ashrams. Many are unable to perform satseva as expected due to illness, spiritual distress and old age. And yet, Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale, who is merciful and affectionate with His seekers, has given a priceless opportunity to them to reside in Sanatan’s Ashrams that are akin to Gokul (Abode of Shrikrushna); because, He has only one expectation from seekers – that seekers perform spiritual practice appropriately. Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale is also following His Guru-parampara (The Guru lineage) and taking entire responsibility of the wellbeing of seekers. Given ahead are some examples.
At the age of 79, Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale is actively serving the Nation & Dharma, despite the shadow of Mahamrutyuyoga over Him !
Due to the Mahamrutyuyogas He has faced, Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale’s Pranashakti (Vital energy) has been reducing since 2007, and hence, He faces acute fatigue throughout the day. Besides, He is also suffering from various ailments. Due to alarmingly low levels of Pranashakti, He has faced death-like situations on many occasions. Yet, He manages to perform various satsevas such as compiling Spiritual texts, guiding seeker-artists on Art, who perform satsevas of guiding other seekers studying and conducting research in Art, Sculpture, Music, etc., spiritual guidance on the Nation & Dharma, 4-5 hours a day with intermittent breaks. With time, missions of the organisations established by Him or those inspired by Him have been expanding.
Despite the shadow of Mahamrutyuyoga over Him, Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale is active merely on the strength of His Chaitanya (Divine consciousness) with the objective of emancipating the entire human race. This in itself is proof of His divinity. I bow 3 times unto the Holy feet of Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale, who has kept great ideals in front of all seekers, patriots, devout followers of Dharma and devout Hindus !
– Sanatan’s Saint, H.H. Sandeep Alshi, Sanatan Ashram, Ramnathi, Goa.
1. Seekers are looked after in every respect in Sanatan’s Ashrams. For example, serving meals as per dietary restrictions, arrangement of various remedies for curing ailments, etc.
2. The world has been transiting through very difficult times because of the Corona pandemic. Many people are dying every day. A lot of people have lost their jobs, and as a result, they are starving. Despite all these realities, Sanatan’s seekers residing in the Ashrams and those who are propagating Dharma all over the world, are not only leading normal lives but are continuing with their spiritual practice as well. The times to come are going to be more adverse than what we have seen during the Corona pandemic. What will be the condition of society that does not perform spiritual practice is beyond our imagination. The seekers in Sanatan’s Ashrams and those staying nearby have firm faith in Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale that come what may, they will be protected.
3. H.H. Narasi Mehta, a famous Saint from Gujarat, has said, ‘The true follower of Vaishnav sect is one who understands the sufferings of others’. Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale is aware of the various distresses that the seekers are facing, and is accordingly advising them about various remedies. He is the only one who has made available to seekers Saints who advise remedies such as chanting various Names of Deities for the elimination of their distress and who help them during the spiritual remedies. These Saints are present not only in Sanatan’s Ashrams but in society as well.
4. At times, the illnesses and spiritual distress that seekers suffer from are the result of their demerits of past lives. If these seekers had stayed at home, they would be helpless in facing these, and this would have impeded their spiritual practice. Conversely, in Sanatan’s Ashrams there are various facilities, help of co-seekers and an environment conducive to spiritual practice, and as a result, such seekers are able to perform spiritual practice to some extent at least. Spiritual practice helps in elimination of their demerits. If these demerits are not eliminated, seekers will have to take birth again on the earth.
5. Even if some seekers commit serious mistakes at the samashti (Societal) level in Sanatan’s Ashrams, they are cautioned with love and are repeatedly given opportunities to perform spiritual practice. Hence, many seekers are able to perform spiritual practice and progress spiritually as well.
6. Seekers who have sacrificed everything for the sake of their spiritual practice and the mission of the Guru do not find peace in staying with their children, playing with their grandchildren, watching TV programmes, chatting about materialistic issues, etc. when they age. They are not interested in any aspect other than spiritual practice. Since such aged seekers get an opportunity to stay in the Ashrams, they feel confident that they will be able to perform appropriate spiritual practice till their last breath.
7. To prevent inconveniencing aged parents of seekers who have devoted their entire life for spiritual practice and the mission of the Guru, the aged parents are given an opportunity to stay in the Ashrams. As a result, seekers are not at all worried about them and perform spiritual practice with complete dedication.
– Sanatan’s Saint, H.H. Sandeep Alshi, Sanatan Ashram, Ramnathi, Goa. (22.4.2021)
Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale’s greatness described by Maharshis through the medium of Jeevanadipatti
Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale’s mission is also comprehensive like that of Deity Shiva and Shri Vishnu !
Sage Vasishtha says, “Your Sadguru is great. Every task of propagating Spirituality is going on under His instructions and grace. He is in a state similar to that of Deity Shiva and Shri Vishnu. Just as their missions are comprehensive, Your Sadguru’s mission is also comprehensive. His mission has the blessings of Deity Shiva, Shri Vishnu and Sadashiva (Shiva’s Name before He married Mother Parvati). We will ensure that this mission is applauded in the entire world.
(Nadipatti reading Number 50, 9.12.2015)
Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale brings light into the lives of seekers !
There are many Gurus on the earth. However, you are blessed with a Satyapurush who is the Guru of these Gurus. Your Guru possesses comprehensive and pure Spirituality. There is no need to prove these aspects. Algae float in the water. We push it aside and use the pure water underneath, isn’t it ? We visit a Guru or God so that they eliminate our prarabdha-karma, personality defects, mistakes. When iron and gold are placed in fire, its colour changes – it becomes red and begins to glow. A similar transformation takes place with a seeker who goes to a Guru. He too begins to glow in the company of the Guru.
(Nadipatti reading Number 62, 23.2.2016)
Paratpar Guru (Dr) Athavale also built Ashrams so that Sanatan’s seekers are able to perform spiritual practice well