Mumbai – The power drama being played in the politics of Maharashtra for the last few days took an unexpected turn. The rebel leader of Shiv Sena, Eknath Shinde was sworn-in at Raj Bhavan as the 30th Chief Minister of Maharashtra on 30th June 2022. The swearing-in ceremony was held at 7.30 p.m.
A Shiv Sainik of late Balasaheb Thackeray was given a chance to be a Chief Minister ! – Eknath Shinde
On responding to his appointment as the Chief Minister, Eknath Shinde said, “Despite having the majority, Devendra Fadanvis showed broad-mindedness and gave a chance to a Shiv Sainik of late Balasaheb Thackeray to be a Chief Minister. The trust shown by him will not be broken.” Eknath Shinde met the Governor and claimed of setting up the Government. Later, he addressed the press conference.
Devendra Fadanvis announces Eknath Shinde as the CM !
Eknath Shinde will be the Chief Minister of Maharashtra. He has the support of the BJP. After the resignation submitted by Shiv Sena Party Chief Uddhav Thackeray on the 29th of June 2022, there was a need to give an alternative government to Maharashtra, and we are fulfilling it. The leader of the rebel group Eknath Shinde will be the State Chief Minister. This announcement was made by BJP leader and Opposition leader Devendra Fadanvis on 30th June during a press conference. Everyone was taken by surprise by this unexpected announcement. Devendra Fadanvis also declared his decision not to join the cabinet of ministers, although he was later sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister.
1. He said further that the condition of Shiv Sena MLAs had become quite awkward due to the political situation created during the last few days when Eknath Shinde took a different stand by not going with the Congress and NCP leaders.
2. After Uddhav Thackeray’s resignation, it is essential to give an alternative Government. Under Eknath Shinde’s leadership, there is a group of Shiv Sena’s legislative assembly, BJP, and 16 independent MLAs. With the support of all of them, Eknath Shinde has become the next Chief Minister.
3. In the last elections, BJP and Shiv Sena got a majority; but Uddhav Thackeray discarded the majority and thought of going with the anti-Hindu Congress and NCP.
4. The ‘Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA)’ has been involved in corrupt activities in the last two and half years. It is very deplorable that two ministers of this Government are in Police custody.
5. On one hand, Shiv Sena Chief late Balasaheb Thackeray opposed Dawood who is an enemy of this country; but a minister associated with him was not even deposed of his ministership.
6. On the last day of work, this Government changed the name of Aurangabad to Sambhajinagar. After receiving Governor’s letter, it is not right to hold a cabinet meeting; still, it was held by Thackeray.