New Delhi – NCERT is exposed for spreading the misinformation as their textbook has no proof to back their claim about Mughals destroying Hindu temples and later Shahjan and Aurangzeb making financial provisions to repair them.
Now NCIRT is again exposed through RTI Act for lying . In his Right to Information (RTI) application, historian and author Niraj Atri asked about the lessons taught in the VII history textbook titled ‘Our Pasts’ in which it is said that the Minar was built by Qutbuddin Aybak and Iltutmish. In response to the application submitted on 21st November 2012, it was disclosed that NCERT does not have any proof to back this information.
- In this history textbook, an image of Qutub Minar is published and the description reads, “Quwwat al-Islam mosque and minaret, built during the last decade of the twelfth century. This was the congregational mosque of the first city built by the Delhi Sultans, described in the chronicles as Dehli-i- Kuhna (now known as the Old City)
- Qutubuddin Aibak started to build the mosque, but the son-in-law of Aibak, the third sultan of Mamluk empire Iltutmish completed the construction.
- This textbook teaches the definition of a mosque and its meaning in Arabic. Also contains information on Namaz recitation.
Five questions asked by historian and author Niraj Atri to NCIRT and their answers
- Which are the certified copies of the references/texts which were used to conclude that the structure called Qutub Minar was built by these Sultans, as per records. The answer from NCIRT was, there is no such certified document available in the department.
- Any epigraphic or other evidence to support the above-mentioned assertion, as per records. And the answer to this question was a ‘no’
- The 3rd question was, name(s) of the persons who had put forward the proposal for including the above-mentioned sentences in the textbook, as per records. To this the answer was, the list of members, Chief Advisors, Advisors, and Chairperson of the advisory committee for textbooks are given the textbook.
- Name(s) of the persons who vetted the proposal. The answer to this was, the textbook was approved by the National Monitoring Committee Chaired by Prof. Mrinal Miri. This information has also been given in ‘Foreword’ to the textbook.
- The last question was whether any notings are available about the evidence ? The answer was ‘No’.
The claim, the question and the reply
aboutQutubMinar @Sanjay_Dixit @SureshChavhanke @madhukishwar @TimesNow @republic @Republic_Bharat @OpIndia_com @ShefVaidya @missionkaali pic.twitter.com/xOL9MHWIYQ
— Neeraj Atri (@AtriNeeraj) January 18, 2021
In 2013, NCERT had admitted they have no documents to back claims on Qutab Minar made in textbookshttps://t.co/DcqJNsLa5H
— OpIndia.com (@OpIndia_com) January 19, 2021
(Courtesy: OpIndia Hindi)
Less facts, more lies in NCERT books: Neeraj Atri . Neeraj Atri on leftist propaganda in NCERT books