H.H. (Adv.) Suresh Kulkarni of Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad demands with Union Home Ministry
Aurangabad (Maharashtra) – ‘On the one hand, corona pandemic is creating chaos in the country, on the other, the instances of attacks on Hindu Sadhus and Saints are increasing in the country. When the news of the killing of 2 Sadhus at Palghar is about to be overlooked, killings of many Sadhus and Saints and the near-fatal attacks on them are taking place. The Home Ministry should issue necessary orders to conduct a thorough investigation in these incidents by the National Investigation Agency (NIA), demanded H.H. (Adv.) Suresh Kulkarni, a practising advocate in High Court, Secretary of High Court Bar Association and Member of Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad.
H.H. (Adv.) Kulkarni writes in His letter –
1. Where all the so-called rationalist, candle marchers and pseudo-secularists of the country have gone ? They never protest the gruesome and shudder-invoking killings of the Sadhus. In the past, we have witnessed award returning spree of some so-called intelligentsia who protest for almost any cause unrelated to Hindus.
2. It is pertinent to note that our country is a confluence of all religions. However, when it comes to sacrifice, only Hindus are pushed to the forefront. There is a huge hue and cry about the property of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) to be sold and distributed amongst people. I am at a loss to understand why this much of high expectation from Hindus only.
H.H. (Adv.) Kulkarni cited many instances of fatal and near-fatal attacks on Hindu Sadhus and Saints in the country which occurred very recently.
1. Mutilated bodies of two priests have been recovered from a temple in Bulandshahr, Uttar Pradesh.
2. There was a fatal attack on Swami Pushpendra Swaroop in Hoshiarpur in which masked attackers attacked with sharp-edged weapons, on 24th April 2020
3. A monk was killed in a cremation ground after being beaten with a stick and his naked body was found.
4. The case of the murder of Bal Brahmachari Sadhu Shivacharya has been reported in Nagthana of Umri taluka of Nanded, Maharashtra.
5. An 80-year-old saint was killed in Punjab and so far no concrete action has been taken in the case.
6. In Kishanganj, Bihar, a family has alleged that the Bhim Army attacked them and vandalized the local temple for worshipping Hindu deities and believing in the saffron flag.
7. Brutal wounding of Sadhu Tamal Krishna Das in Vrindavan in Mathura.