Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh) – The priests of the Mahant family of Kashi Vishwanath temple were denied entry the temple which made them unhappy. The priests made Kashi Vishwanath’s earthly Shivaling on the road, and performed ritual of Jalabhishek and milk abhishek along with Vedic mantras. Thereafter, Saptarshi Aarti was performed. Saptarshi Puja and Aarti is performed here since hundreds of years. It is said that to prevent breaking of this ancient tradition, they worshipped on the road itself.
- Permission granted to enter the garbhagruha of the Kedarnath temple for Darshan : Decision of the Uttarakhand Govt
- The famous Bhagwan Shri Jagannath ‘Rath-Yatra’ starts today at Puri !
- Karnataka Govt to offer Rs 5,000 to each Kashi Yatra pilgrim !
- An appeal to gather evidence adequate for a judicial fight for Goa’s temples that were destroyed
- Did the Islamic countries condemn the bomb blasts done by the Muslims in India ? : Dr Subramanian Swamy
- Police prohibit Hindu devotees from reciting Hanuman Chalisa at the Kashi Vishwanath Temple