Given his treacherous policies and decisions, Nehru is nothing less than a criminal for the Nation ! Nehru’s policies must be exhibited in the Parliament and taught to students in school as well. As a result, people will learn from history and will not elect such leaders to power again !
Some of Nehru’s blunders
1. Approving the Partition of India.
2. Failure to declare India a ‘Hindu Rashtra’ after Partition.
3. Unnecessarily taking the Kashmir issue to the UN after Pakistan’s attack in 1948, even though India had the upper hand.
4. Letting go of the UNSC permanent seat, and gifting it to China.
5. Failure to check China’s illegal annexation of Tibet.
6. Letting China grab 30,000 sq. kilometres of Indian territory while living in the fantasy of ‘Hindi Chini bhai bhai’.
New Delhi – In his autobiography ‘The Presidential Years’, Former President Pranab Mukherjee has claimed that former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru played an important role in establishing Democracy in Nepal just after the Monarchy began.
Pranab Mukherjee wrote that Raja Tribhuvan Bir Bikram Shah had proposed to Nehru that he should merge Nepal into India and it should be made into a province, but Nehru rejected the proposal. He also said that if Indira had been PM, she wouldn’t have let the opportunity go and that Nehru could have followed the same policy as in the case of Sikkim merger.
Pranab Mukherjee wrote that Prime Minister Modi should listen to the voices of dissent and speak often in the Parliament. He should use the Parliament as a platform to address the Nation, communicate with the people and pacify the opposition. PM’s presence makes a huge difference in the functioning of the Parliament.
Pranab Mukherjee says in his book that during the UPA regime, he was in touch with the opposition leaders of the NDA. Such connections were useful while addressing various complex issues.