Varanasi (UP) – Congress leader and former Chief Minister of Maharashtra Prithviraj Chavan had demanded that the Central Government should borrow all the gold belonging to Hindu temples as a gold loan at a low-interest rate to combat the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus. In response to this, Dr. Kulpati Tiwari, a former Mahanta of the Kashi Vishwanath Temple has banned the entry of Chavan and his family to the temple for life. Other Jyotirlinga priests in the country have also been appealed to prohibit the entry of Chavan family to the temples. It was during the tenure of the Congress Government that a theft had taken place in the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in 1983. Mahant Tiwari also said that the Government should not appropriate the donations of the devotees made to God in the temples.
- Merciless killing of temple priest in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Delhi Administration takes action against unauthorised religious structures
- Priests allege that the gold-plated walls of the sanctum sanctorum of Kedarnath temple have transformed into brass !
- Tamil Nadu Govt’s plan to provide breakfast to devotees in 100 temples of the State !
- Temples in China gaining popularity among young Chinese for getting jobs and peace of mind
- Deliberate attempts to bury ancient Shri Mahalakshmi Mandir, a Hemadpanthi architecture, under trash and garbage