Ahmedabad (Gujarat) – Gujarat Law Minister and Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama has been stripped of his MLA post by the Gujarat High Court in a case of misconduct and alteration. Chudasama was elected from Dholka assembly constituency. The High Court passed the order on a petition filed by Congress candidate Ashwin Rathore. Chudasama had defeated Ashwin Rathore by 327 votes. After the results, Rathore alleged that 429 votes had not been counted. He had filed a petition in the court against this. The court gave its verdict on that.
- The Election Commission recommended the Union Govt make several amendments to the Representation of the People Act
- How can the Election Commission prevent political parties from making poll promises ? : Supreme Court
- Indian Judiciary should be revitalised
- Anxiety created about law by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) from Maharashtra to Bengal
- Opposition from various political parties to give the right to vote to the citizens from outside of Kashmir
- Supreme Court : Promises of freebies in elections is a serious matter