New Delhi – Amid surging cases of Covid-19, the Indian Medical Association (IMA) has written to Prime Minister Modi urging that all the people above the age of 18 be allowed to be vaccinated. At present, vaccination is open to the people above the age of 45 years. In its letter to the PM, IMA has stated 6 points that are to be executed immediately.
Vaccinate everyone over 18, Indian Medical Association urges PM Modi https://t.co/yD1iYpqD21
— The News Minute (@thenewsminute) April 6, 2021
The IMA’s letter states
- Strict action against those violating the Covid norms, large scale procurement of beds with oxygen facility, fostering enthusiasm in health workers as well as asking them to treat patients by following a complete course of treatment.
- Setting up the vaccination centres at walkable distance for all the citizens. Private sector family clinics be included actively in the vaccination drive along with private hospitals. Availability of vaccines with all doctors and family physicians will have positive impact on vaccination drive.
- District level vaccine task force teams should be constituted with public and private participation to enforce mass vaccination, for which, IMA is willing to participate actively.
- Making vaccination certificate mandatory for entering public places and to receive products and ration under the public distribution system.
- As a measure to break the transmission chain, limited period continuous lockdowns should be implemented, especially for all non-essential areas like cinemas, cultural and religious events, sports, etc.