Major changes may occur in the Defence Forces’ Agniveer recruitment

50% of the soldiers may be given permanent appointment after 4 years

New Delhi – Indian Government had commenced the ‘Agniveer’ scheme for recruitment to the defence forces, last year. This scheme had faced opposition at that time. The Government had implemented the scheme despite the opposition. Information received from topmost sources has revealed that one year has been completed since the first batch got recruited under this scheme and now significant changes are being made in the scheme. It is being said,`50% of the youth who have been recruited under this scheme shall be made permanent.’ As per the original scheme, this would have been only 25%. Also remaining 75% recruits would have been given retirement with a fixed monetary amount. If this change gets implemented then 50% of the recruits shall be made permanent while the remaining shall retire.

This scheme concerns all the three wings; Army, Navy and Air force but the Government has not announced anything officially yet. Still, information has been received that in this regard a preliminary meeting of Officers from the Defence Department has been held.

The soldiers in the Navy and Air force are involved in technical work. Even in the Army, soldiers have to perform technical work in many departments. Therefore the Government is considering making permanent 50% of the soldiers recruited thus.

Since one year of recruitment has already been completed, there is a possibility that the Government may soon take a decision regarding this.