Shillong (Meghalaya) – Residents of people in the south of the Himalayas, on the north of the Indian Ocean, and those living along the banks of River Sindhu / Indus are traditionally known as Hindus. Hindus existed even before the Mughals and Christians. In fact, Hindu Dharma is not a religion, but it is a way of living. There is no need to change religion to be a Hindu, stated Dr Mohan Bhagwat, the ‘Sarsanghachalak’ of ‘Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS)’ in a rally addressed by him.
(Credit : Oneindia Hindi)
He said further,
1. India’s all-round progress and unification of people is the goal of RSS.
2. RSS teaches sacrificing for the nation by sacrificing personal interests.
3. ‘Hindu’ word includes every son of ‘Bharatmata’, i.e., son of this land. Those who are descendants of Indian ancestors and those, who follow Indian culture, are Hindus.
4. Everyone who stays in India is a Hindu. India is not a country based on western concepts.
5. The faith in our ancient values based on spirituality is the power that binds together the people of this country.
6. India has taught true humanity to the world.