Kyiv (Ukraine) – Russian airstrikes hit a metro station and residential buildings on 15th March. In an attack on a residential building, two persons have died, BBC reported. Dialogue between Russian and Ukrainian representatives will resume soon.
Russia steps up attack in Ukraine ahead of 5th round of peace talks: 10 updates https://t.co/HJJpmnNs1o
— Hindustan Times (@HindustanTimes) March 15, 2022
Some key events –
1. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy said in a published video that he will remain positive during the dialogue.
2. The Prime Ministers of Poland, the Czech Republic, and Slovenia are traveling to Kyiv for talks with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.
3. The Mayor of Kyiv Vitali Klitschko has announced 35 hours of curfew in the city stating that the current time was critical and difficult for the city. He has appealed to the citizens to remain indoors.
4. A senior defence official in the US claimed that the Russian Army has not progressed further. While laying very strict sanctions on Russia, the European Union has laid an additional surcharge on the export of various commodities, so also it has controlled the investment in the Energy Sector.
5. Russian journalist Marina Ovsyannikova, a lady on the Editorial Board, has been arrested after interrupting Russian state TV, opposing Russia by holding a placard – no war, stop the war, do not trust their propaganda, they (News channel) are lying. Vladimir Putin’s spokesperson Dmitry Peskov called the lady’s action ‘bullying’.