They cannot tolerate Hindutva because it is the only ‘religion’ which claims that the essence of all is Divine !
Ponda (Goa) – An anonymous group has organised a three day Online event called ‘Dismantling Global Hindutva’ from 10th to 12th September, 2021. This xenophobic and Hindumisic (from misia, meaning hate) event features a long list of people who have a history of making Hinduphobic and derogatory statements about Hindu Dharma and its customs. Some speakers include well-known Naxal sympathisers. This seems to be an anti-India and anti-Hindu event which has been packaged to look as if it is against the Hindutva ideology. The event organisers also claimed that they have the support of over 40 Universities for this event. Many Hindu organisations and devout Hindus are protesting against this Hinduphobic event.
Hindu Janajagruti Samiti launched an Online petition to protest against DGH. It also petitioned the Hon. Home Minister and Hon. External Affairs Minister, Government of India as follows :
We understand that due to a concerted campaign on social media about the International Conference on ‘Dismantling Global Hindutva’, the environment in our Nation has been vitiated. From the information available, we learn that many renowned Universities are co-sponsors of the event. We wish to bring to your notice some serious points about this Conference.
1. As centres of learning, Universities are places where values of free speech and free thought should be nurtured and protected. However, the people associated with this event have a long and open history of denying genocides perpetrated on Hindus, while demeaning those who seek justice for Hindu victims of ethnic cleansing. This event will have far-reaching detrimental effects on the students and staff of these Universities.
2. The organizers have included participants who are said to be scholars on the subject. The site mentions a Field Manual against Hindutva Trolls, authored by the South Asia Scholar Activist Collective (SASAC). A prominent member of the SASAC has been accused of stalking social media accounts of parents of Hindus who attended an event against Hinduphobia. It is ironic and unfortunate that people who find innovative ways to bully others, pontificate about the ‘evils of Hinduism’ on global fora.
3. The organizers of the event talk about the exclusionary CAA (the Citizenship Amendment Act), a landmark Act which grants Indian citizenship to Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis who have fled persecution in neighbouring countries. The countries – Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh – are all Islamic countries. The latter two were separated from India solely on the basis of religion. Muslims of these countries are NOT being denied citizenship, nor are they being denied entry into India (As per the latest reports, Muslims fleeing Afghanistan are being granted emergency Visas and refugee status in India.) Then, how can this Act be exclusionary ? Can the intention of the organizers be called a balanced presentation of facts ?
4. Another noteworthy point is the inclusion of topics such as ‘The failed demonetization policies and the ill-conceived agricultural reforms’ in the event. One cannot understand how Government policies can be equated with ‘Hindutva’ or any religion for that matter.
5. Today, Sanatan Dharma (Hindu Dharma or Hinduism) is woefully under-represented across the world. Due to this, Hindu staff and students in Universities find it hard to understand their beliefs and practices. For example, western scholars have standardized the Nazi Hakenkreuz (hooked cross) as the ‘Swastika’. The Hindu Swastik is a symbol of prosperity and has nothing to do with the Nazi symbol. But, a Hindu staying outside India will never be able to openly display the Swastik, since it has been labeled a ‘symbol of hate’. So, now there is an event that promotes mass generalizations against Hindus. Hindu staff and students of Universities will be further alienated from their faith, beliefs and customs. Hindu students in these Universities may be very well harassed for just being Hindus.
6. The timing of this event cannot be mere coincidence. The world will be revisiting the horrors of 9/11; the Taliban have taken over Afghanistan, effectively erasing 2 decades’ worth of efforts by the world community to establish peace and normal life. There appears to be a deliberate effort to deflect the world’s attention from real issues while dehumanizing over a billion adherents of a peaceful religion that teaches peace, love, compassion and inclusivity. By throwing around terms such as ‘Hindu Fascism’, the event attacks Hinduism, which has given the world the concept of ‘Vasudhaiva kutumbakam’ (The world is my family). When they talk of ‘oppression’, the event glosses over the fact that Hindu Scriptures only have chants that appeal for peace and prosperity to all.
In view of this, we respectfully request you to :
1. Through this event, absolutely baseless and concocted narratives against Hindus and Hindutva will be spread. This will adversely affect the religious amity in our country. Therefore, action should be taken against the Indian organizers, participants and supporters of the International Conference on ‘Dismantling Global Hindutva’.
2. Letters be sent to the participating Universities by the Government of India to cancel this event and withdraw their support to the event. If this too does not deter them, then the Government of India should write to the respective Governments.
3. Since the agenda of the event is to tarnish the image of India and Hinduism, the Government of India should appeal to the citizens not to participate in this event in any way.
|Many Universities have clarified that they have neither sponsored the event nor do they support Hinduphobic views. It has come to light that some people or centers affiliated to these Universities are supporting the DGH Conference.|
What do some well-known personalities say ?
Maria Wirth, German Author based in India
“Can you imagine 40 US Universities sponsoring ‘Dismantling Global Islam’ or ‘Dismantling Global Christianity’ ? They cannot tolerate Hindutva because it is the only ‘religion’ which claims that the essence of all is Divine. They cannot tolerate internally strong humans.”
Francois Gautier, Journalist based in India
“The timing of this Conference is completely wrong, with Taliban coming to power. I think the planner has been caught on the wrong foot.” Francois Gautier laid bare the origins of the plot to Republic TV in a debate on the subject.
Dr. David Frawley (Vedacharya, Padma Bhushan recipient)
“Dismantling Hindutva is a Declaration of a War to Destroy Hindu Dharma.”
Mr. Ramesh Shinde (National Spokesperson, HJS)
Compare Hindutva & Islam !
1. Hindu Sanyasi Swami Vivekanand on 11th September in Chicago.
2. Islamic Jihadis on 11th September in New York. … And there is Conference on Dismantling Hindutva ??
Hindu American Foundation
Do you believe in the sanctity of the Vedas ? The Upanishads ? In Brahman/Moksha ? Then, according to DGH scholars, you believe in Brahmanism, and that is Hindutva.
This is the DGH definition of Hindutva. This is what they want to ‘dismantle’.