“More than 1,000 large and small temples were destroyed during the Portuguese rule in Goa. Of these, only 2 temples, – Varenayapuri (Verna) and Shri Vijayadurgadevi (Shankhavali) survived the onslaught of the Church. These temples have been declared ‘Protected’ under the Goa Directorate of Archives and Archeology. Despite this, the Church has been conspiring to grab the land of these temples for many years now. Hindus will have to fight unitedly to restore temples encroached upon by the Church in Goa”, said Prof. Subhash Velingkar while speaking on ‘Islamic and Christian Encroachments on Temples’. Adv. Madan Mohan Yadav (from Varanasi), Adv. Vishnu Shankar Jain (Spokesperson of ‘Hindu Front for Justice’) and H.H. Ashok Patrikar (Sanatan’s Dharmapracharak Saint) were present.
Prof. Velingkar said, “As a part of the conspiracy to usurp the Varenayapuri and Shri Vijayadurgadevi Temple land, there has been a rise in illegal activities such as cutting down trees in the vicinity of the Temples and filling up the adjacent lake. Complaints made by Hindu devotees in this regard are being ignored”.
Other points presented by Prof. Subhash Velingkar
1. The Vijayadurgadevi site is being conserved by the Directorate of Archives and Archeology under the name ‘Frontispiece of Sancoale’. There is widespread neglect even at the administrative level when it comes to protecting this site.
2. No activity can be undertaken on this site without the permission of the Archeology Department. Despite this, Christians are trying to show that this land belongs to the Church by holding religious programmes here.
3. For the past 10 years, attempts are being made to demoralise the protesting Hindus by registering false cases against them.
4. The area is visited by a large number of Christians from other parts of the country, and it is being portrayed that this area belongs to the Church.
We must ensure justice for Hindu activists who have fallen prey to prejudiced investigations : Adv. Virendra Ichalkaranjikar (National President, HVP)
“Hindu activists have been charged in several cases under false allegations. Every case is being investigated in the wrong manner. You can go outside and ask someone, ‘Who is Gauri Lankesh ? If she was an intellectual, then what ideology did she support ?’ No one will be able to share anything about her; because Gauri Lankesh has not contributed anything to society. On the contrary, the Court had punished her for her yellow journalism”, said Adv. Ichalkaranjikar (National President Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad).
He added :
1. In the Malegaon blast case, Hindus were ‘fixed’ to acquit Muslims. This case was used to spread the bogey of ‘Saffron Terrorism’.
2. Sanatan’s seeker Mr Vikram Bhave was jailed for 2 years under the pretext that investigations into the Dr Dabholkar murder case were underway.
3. Adv. Sanjeev Punalekar (National Secretary of Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad) was also arrested and jailed for 42 days.
4. Sanatan’s seeker Mr Sameer Gaikwad was arrested in the Comarade Pansare murder case. Mr Gaikwad spent 22 months in jail. Advocates practising in the Kolhapur Court did not want to fight his case.
However the next day, 31 Advocates from across Maharashtra came to Kolhapur to fight his case. In 2016, the Police claimed that Mr Gaikwad did not commit this murder.
5. After bringing Dr Virendrasinh Tawde from Kolhapur to Pune, the Police told photographers to take Dr Tawde’s photo. This is outright illegal. This is an attempt to defame a well-known physician. Such behaviour creates resentment.
Thus, in many cases, Sanatan’s seekers and Hindu activists were subjected to unjustified persecution. The media did not report the truth about these incidents. Instead, they decided to broadcast false news.
6. Mr Sachin Andure and Mr Sharad Kalaskar, who have no connection with the Lankesh murder, have been arrested and jailed.
Today there is a widespread conspiracy to create a perception that environment of peace which had settled in the country after the assassination of Gandhi, deteriorated after Dr Dabholkar’s murder. Notably, no one seems to be interested in discussing the murders of over 14,000 innocent people by the Communists. So, in many such cases, we will have to dig deep to the roots and fight for justice.
Invaders weakened Hindus by attacking temples : Adv. Vishnu Shankar Jain
“Temples occupy a place of honour and respect in the hearts of Hindus. Therefore, it is necessary to restore the glory of Hindus by giving the temples back to Hindus. The kings of the past also gave importance to the construction and protection of temples. Just as the subjects feel helpless when their kings and Maharajas are attacked, the invaders have weakened Hindus by attacking the temples. Raja Bhoja had set up a Sanskrut school in Bhojashala and built a temple there in 1034. However, religious fanatics attacked the place, demolished the temple and declared that there was a mosque there. In due course, Muslims were allowed to pray at the site every Friday. There is ample evidence that fanatics have encroached upon the Bhojashala by destroying many artefacts of historical and religious significance”, said Adv. Vishnu Shankar Jain, adding that it would not take long for all temples to be restored if Hindus unite by setting aside differences to liberate Hindu temples. He was speaking on ‘Bhojashala Mukti Sangram to follow Ayodhya-Kashi-Mathura’.
Hindus should consider further action after reclaiming temples in Kashi and Mathura : Adv. Madan Mohan Yadav
“Even though the Jews were scattered all over the world, they created their own independent Nation ‘Israel’. It is not impossible to establish a Hindu Rashtra. After former BJP leader Nupur Sharma’s comments, 57 Islamic Nations are up in arms. On the other hand, walls of the alleged Gyanvapi mosque are shouting that Gyanvapi is a temple. In the fight for Gyanvapi, the media helped us. Media also has its share of Jihadi and Communist ideologues. We need to network with the media that assists us in the mission of Hindutva. The Kashi Vishwanath Temple was demolished 7 times. Kashi is associated with Hindu religious rituals. In the course of history, 10 Hindu religious sites have been destroyed. The famous Bindu Madhava Temple is found here. The famous Saint-poet Ramanandacharya performed penance here. It is disturbing to see a mosque built on this place. After reclaiming the temples at Kashi and Mathura, Hindus should consider the next course of action”, said Adv. Madan Mohan Yadav (from Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh).
Media will have to answer for their negative portrayal of Hindu Dharma : Adv. Nagesh Joshi (Secretary, HVP)
“Criticizing Hindu Dharma and Hindu activists have become a quick route to fame and money. This is a conspiracy that is gaining ground in today’s times. Some organisations choose not to respond to such criticism and defamation. As a result, the media narrative gains popularity; however, right from the beginning Sanatan Sanstha has used legal means to counter such media propaganda. Media people who portray Hindu Dharma in a negative light will have to answer in the Court”, said Advocate Nagesh Joshi (Secretary of Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad). He was speaking on the topic ‘Refutating allegations against Sanatan Sanstha’.
Advocate Virendra Ichalkaranjikar (National President of Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad) also refuted the allegations against Sanatan Sanstha. The attendees unanimously decided to strongly and legally counter media propaganda against Hindu activists. This resolution was followed by slogans.
Advocate Nagesh Joshi added, “We have filed cases against 50+ media houses for defaming Hindu Dharma and Deities and levelling false allegations against Sanatan Sanstha. We have also filed cases, with considerable success, against some politicians who are defaming Hindu Dharma and Sanatan Sanstha. Some Periodicals have had to print apologies for their defamatory articles. In a nutshell, we are using constitutional means to reply to those who keep harping about the Constitution. Fighting legal battles is also a way of creating awareness about Dharma among people”.
It would not take long for all temples to be restored if Hindus unite by setting aside differences to liberate them !