- 1,898 : Assaults on Hindus
- 2,130 : Idols of Hindu Deities demolished
- 411 : Hindu women raped
- 151 : Hindus abducted
Guwahati (Assam) – 2021 has been a year of fear, killings, blood, and tears for the minority Hindus in Bangladesh. The world witnessed a lot of atrocities against Hindus during the Durga Puja in October 2021. Religious fanatics attacked Hindu temples and Durga pandals. The organisation ‘Bangladesh Jatiya Hindu Mohajot’ has released data on atrocities against minority Hindus in 2021. According to the data, religious fanatics killed 301 Hindus in Bangladesh in 2020-21. While 149 were killed in 2020, 152 were killed in 2021 alone. A mob of fanatics attacked Hindus 1,898 times. This figure is 300% more than last year.
152 Killings, 457 rapes and assault, 255 kidnaps, 2400 attacks on temples; 2021 is a year of blood, tears, fear and atrocity for Hindu in Bangladesh #Bangladesh #Hindus #AttackOnHindus https://t.co/GEzfegx4Sq
— Organiser Weekly (@eOrganiser) December 31, 2021
1. A total of 255 Hindus were abducted in 2020 and 2021. Of which, the number for 2021 is 151. 80% of those abducted were girls or women.
2. In 2021, religious fanatics vandalised 2,130 Idols of Hindu Deities. This number is 500% (5 times) higher than that of 2020.
3. Religious fanatics attacked 273 temples in Bangladesh in 2021, which is a 700% increase compared to 2020.
4. In 2021, the religious fanatics looted and robbed 3,256 Hindu families, which is 5 times higher as compared to 2020.
5. In 2021, more than 1.23 lakh families have reported that they feel insecure due to the threats of religious fanatical gangs in the country, which is 20 times more than last year.
6. In 2021 alone, more than 1.35 lakh homes, temples, and businesses suffered damage in attacks by religious fanatics.
7. 46 Hindu women were raped, and more than 411 Hindu women were molested and physically assaulted in Bangladesh in 2021.
8. 32 Hindus were forced to eat beef by religious fanatics.
9. At least 9,000 Hindu families were forced to leave Bangladesh by religious fanatics in 2021, which is 5 times more than the previous year.
10. Due to the atrocities committed by fanatical gangs, the Hindu community has lost about ₹1,146 crore this year.