Enforced 16 conditions to permit the procession in other places
Bhopal (MP) – Police denied permission to a Hanuman Jayanti procession from Khedapati Hanuman Mandir to Old Bhopal. Police said the procession could be organised from other parts of the city, but, it will not be allowed in this area. Even the administration enforced 16 conditions for the processions to be organised in other areas. The administration decided to cancel the permission for the Hanuman Jayanti procession after some maulvis said it would be dangerous to organise religious processions from the old Bhopal area.
Madhya Pradesh: After Muslim clerics object, Police cancel permission for Hanuman Jayanti procession in old city of Bhopal https://t.co/94PTC24HgQ
— OpIndia.com (@OpIndia_com) April 16, 2022
After the violence at Khargone in the State on Shri Ramnavami, the administration laid down 16 conditions for organising processions on the occasion of Hanuman Jayanti –
- No objectionable slogans or posters should be displayed.
- The organisers should submit the list of songs that they would play.
- Intoxicants like beedi and cigarettes should not be used
- And apart from the traditional weapons like the ‘Trishul’ and ‘Gada’, no other weapons could be displayed.
- The organisers would be held responsible for any untoward incident that takes place during the procession.