Series of articles introducing the unique mission of Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale
From the previous 3 articles, we understood about the all-encompassing mission of Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale. From these, we learnt about the organisations and programmes initiated by Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale and inspired by Him, their objectives, scale of expansion and ongoing unique mission as the result of the Guru’s grace.
From the 3rd article we learnt about His enormous mission in the subtle dimension.
From this article, we will learn about the unique and extraordinary aspects of His mission.
We pray unto the Holy feet of God that through this article may all realise Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale’s uniqueness and their faith towards Him be strengthened !
1. Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale’s
unique mission of moulding seekers
1A. Giving importance to the qualities of seekers instead of the number of seekers : When compared with other sects, from the inception of Sanatan Sanstha, I gave importance to the qualities in seekers. Hence, despite not having many people as are in other sects, by performing spiritual practice as per ‘Gurukrupayog’, there are 1,251 seekers who are at the spiritual level of 60-69% (as of 13.5.2019), and have been liberated from the cycles of birth and death; 94 seekers have attained Sainthood (more than 70% spiritual level). In 2010, I had said that we need 100 Saints to establish the Hindu Nation’ (Divine Rule).
1B. Reasons for the rapid spiritual progress by performing spiritual practice as per ‘Gurukrupayog’ when compared with the other Paths of spiritual practice : A particular Path of spiritual practice is important for a particular time. In Satyayug, everyone was sattvik (Spiritually pure); as a result, people could continuously perform spiritual practice. In Tretayug, personality defects and ego developed, and distress caused by negative energies began; thus, in Dwaparyug, its proportion increased. In the earlier eras, the extent of personality defects and ego and distress caused by negative energies were less when compared with Kaliyug (Era of strife); hence, specific spiritual practice for each individual was not necessary. In the earlier days, one could progress spiritually through meditation, Pranayam, etc; however, it would take hundreds of years to progress spiritually. The reason for this was – ‘How to attain dissolution of the mind, intellect, subconscious mind and ego’ – was not taught in the spiritual practice. In Kaliyug, personality defects and ego are high and distress caused by negative energies is severe; hence, seekers cannot perform spiritual practice properly. Therefore, ‘Gurukrupayog’ is extremely important in Kaliyug. In ‘Gurukrupayog’, spiritual practice for the removal of personality defects and ego along with spiritual remedies to overcome spiritual distress are taught. As a result, dissolution of the mind, intellect, subconscious mind and ego takes place quickly. It is noticed that seekers following this Path progress fast spiritually.
1C. One example of Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale studying seekers minutely and then guiding them is given in the table reflecting Sadguru (Kum.) Anuradha Wadekar’s spiritual progress from August 2000 to August 2006.
Note 1 – Increase in spiritual level by 2.5% per year means that an individual is making good spiritual progress. Usually, the spiritual level of most seekers increases only by 1% per year.
Note 2 – Does not even regularly read the Periodical Daily ‘Sanatan Prabhat’.
1C 1. Aspects realised by Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale from this table : In 2019, upon seeing the table made in 2016, I realised that from the time I had begun to teach how to perform spiritual practice, I had been studying each seeker minutely and guiding accordingly.
A. Just as doctors test blood, check for abnormalities and prescribe medication accordingly, I would study various aspects mentioned in the table and then guide.
B. Additionally, I would also study the seekers through the subtle dimension and tell them about the aspect of spiritual practice he/she should focus on. For example, I would tell which spiritual remedies should be performed to overcome spiritual distress.
Teachers of spiritual practice according to ‘Guru-krupayog’ teach various aspects of spiritual practice as mentioned above. As a result, seekers following this Path are progressing fast.
1D. While carrying out the mission on a particular topic for some years, developing seekers who can perform that mission, and once such seekers developed fully, handing over the mission to them and commencing the next mission : Since 2000, I have been carrying out the mission according to this method. Now, seekers have developed fully to perform various satsevas such as propagation of Spirituality, conducting satsangs for seekers, managing Ashram administration, etc; hence, I do not have to pay much attention to these satsevas anymore.
2. Science underlying the phenomenon
of the enormous mission being carried
out by Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale
I have been incessantly carrying out the mission of compiling Spiritual texts, conducting spiritual research, etc. The organisations performing the mission pertaining to the Nation & Dharma and seeking guidance from me, are performing the mission overseas. I used to wonder – How is it possible to carry out such an enormous mission ? I realised the following answers in this regard.
2A. Blessings of my Guru is God’s wish only : I used to wonder – How had I been able to carry out such a vast
mission ? Then, I would get a thought that this was so because of blessings of my Guru Saint Bhaktaraj Maharaj, which means due to God’s wish.
2B. The mission being carried out mainly in the subtle dimension instead of the physical dimension : The extent of my mission in the physical dimension is reducing (one reason is my ill-health) and the extent of the mission in the subtle dimension is increasing. A mission being carried out in the subtle dimension is not limited to the body, place and time; therefore, such a vast mission could be accomplished.
3. Astrologers and Nadipatti-readers saying that the mission will last hundreds of years
A mission in the physical dimension is forgotten with time as it has limitations of time; whereas, a mission in the subtle dimension is eternal. Since my mission is eternal, even though my name is not published in newspapers, etc., many Astrologers and Nadipatti-readers have said that my mission will last hundreds of years.
4. Since individuals in society do not have spiritual experiences of worldly gains, society does not know me; nevertheless, my mission is being recognised by those who have subtle perception ability, and I have their blessings !
In Sanatan Sanstha, spiritual practice is being taught to seekers with the goal of ‘God-realisation’; therefore, Sanatan’s seekers do not perform spiritual practice for worldly gains (such as for success in business, marriage of a daughter, etc.). As a result, Sanatan’s seekers do not get spiritual experiences of worldly gains like people do from many other Saints. Nevertheless, some Saints who have subtle perception ability, Astrologers and Nadipatti-readers know of me and I have their blessings.
5. Abundant grace bestowed by Maharshi and Saints upon Sanatan proves that the mission has God’s blessings !
5A. Spiritual remedies told or performed by Maharshi and other great Saints on their own to remove obstacles in the mission : Spiritual purity of society is increasing due to Dharmaprasar (Propagation of Dharma) which I initiated. Additionally, through the mission of establishing the Divine Rule, Dharmarajya (Rule based on Dharma) of sattvik people will be established. As a result, this mission is being opposed by rationalists, anti-Dharma elements, etc. in the physical dimension; it is being opposed by demoniacal energies in the subtle dimension. For the past few years, Sanatan’s seekers and I have been experiencing this type of opposition. Nevertheless, the following examples will explain how we are still experiencing God’s grace.
1. Through the medium of the (Late) Yogatadnya Dadaji Vaishampayan (of Kalyan, Thane) and a great Saint from Himalayas guiding through the medium of H.H. Aba Upadhye (of Pune) often suggest spiritual remedies. Many times, Yogatadnya Dadaji Vaishampayan would Himself perform Anushthans.
2. Thousands of years ago, Maharshi predicted about Kaliyug in the Nadipattis. These have been revealed through the medium of Nadipatti-readers. Through Nadipattis, Maharshi recommends various spiritual remedies such as Yajnas (Ritual of sacrificial fires), Ritualistic worship, etc. to remove obstacles in Sanatan’s mission.
5B. Saints and sattvik people in various fields spontaneously getting associated with Sanatan to help expand the scope of the mission :
1. I put forth the Path of spiritual practice called ‘God-realisation through the medium of Art-forms’. I have not personally learned Art-forms such as music, dance, etc. Even though some seekers of Sanatan have learnt various Art-forms, they did not consider these Art-forms to be ‘spiritual practice’. Therefore, our research on ‘God-realisation through the medium of Art-forms’ is going on.
In 2017, H.H. Devbaba (of Kinnigoli, Karnataka) came in contact with Sanatan and now He is Himself teaching Sanatan’s seekers spiritual practice through the medium of Art-forms (of music and dance). H.H. Pandit Keshav Ginde, a renowned flute player (of Pune), has conducted extensive research in flute-playing and has written related Spiritual texts.
In June 2018, Sadguru (Sou.) Anjali Gadgil met Him and explained Sanatan’s mission. Since then, He has provided invaluable guidance to Sanatan’s seekers on flute-playing and has given Spiritual texts to them.
2. An architect from South India has studied the designs of ancient temples. He explained to Sanatan’s seekers the importance of their designs so as to retain their spiritual purity. His study is very innovative. If India has to reclaim its honour of being the Vishwaguru (Guide to the world), it is vital to establish Universities like the Takshashila and Nalanda which imparted education on 14 Vidyas (Knowledge-forms) and 64 Kalas (Art-forms) as spiritual practice. After I established ‘Maharshi Adhyatma Vishwavidyalay’, I realised that God only is introducing experts in various fields to further the pupose of this Vishwavidyalay.
3. The seekers of Sanatan Sanstha and Hindu Janajagruti Samiti carried out Dharmaprasar during the Kumbha Melas. Many Saints visited the exhibition set up in the Kumbha Mela. Some Saints voluntarily promised to offer any type of help for the mission of Dharmaprasar.
4. Even senior historians, economists, lawyers, doctors, etc. are getting associated with Sanatan and providing guidance and assistance to seekers in the respective fields free-of-charge. Various Saints and sattvik individuals getting associated with Sanatan is happening due to Divine planning. There are many examples to support this. All these examples indicate that this mission has God’s blessings.
6. Fulfilment of life – I had said that the ‘Divine Rule will be established’; now many Saints, Saptarshi and Maharshi are saying the same !
6A. Background of the mission of establishing the Divine Rule : As per the instructions of Saint Bhaktaraj Maharaj in 1987, I commenced the mission of propagating Spirituality. Later, in 1998, I realised that till the pathetic state of the Nation & Dharma does not change, society will not be happy in the true sense and will not be able to perform spiritual practice properly. The only final remedy on this is to establish the Divine Rule ! Hence, I commenced the mission of establishing the Divine Rule.
6B. The mission of establishing the Divine Rule
is being opposed by people in the physical dimension and negative energies in the subtle dimension : I have been facing significant opposition from so-called secularists, heretics, anti-national elements, etc. in the physical dimension and from negative energies in the subtle dimension.
From 2009 to 2014, the sword of an impending ban was continuously hanging on Sanatan. Due to the fierce attacks by negative energies 2-3 times, I faced Mahamrutyuyog (Almost certain death) and many seekers of Sanatan are still enduring a great deal of physical and mental distress. Nevertheless, due to God’s grace and the blessings of Saints, the mission is going on incessantly.
6C. I had said that ‘The Divine Rule will be established’; now this is being repeated by many Saints, Saptarshi and Maharshi : Despite enduring all the distress as mentioned earlier, I am satisfied with the knowledge that as I had said in the past, the Divine Rule will be established in 2023; now Maharshi, Saptarshi and many Saints are repeating the same ! Given ahead are two examples in this regard. I also feel very joyous with the thought that the forthcoming Divine Rule will be blissful for all. I assume that this is the ultimate duty of my life.
1. ‘Hindu Nation’ (Divine Rule) will be established very soon. You (Paratpar Guru [Dr.] Athavale) have always been bestowed with victory in every mission You have undertaken. It is from You that nature was created. The ‘Hindu Nation’ will be established because of You only. (Reference : Saptarshi Nadi-reading Number 80, Sanatan Ashram, Ramnathi, Goa [30.5.2016])
2. The ‘Hindu Nation’ will definitely be established !’ – H.H. Devbaba, Kinnigoli, Karnataka (He said this in Sanatan Ashram, Ramnathi, Goa during the 55th Hanumatkavacha Yajna performed on 31.3.2019)
7. I am not the doer (Idam na mama) !
As a result of the blessings of Saints and false propaganda by opponents, today thousands of people know my name for playing a small part in this Divine mission. Sanatan has the support and blessings of Saints and God; hence, the false propaganda of opponents is becoming ineffective and the mission is expanding with each passing day. Nevertheless, nobody addresses me as ‘Maharaj’, and I also take great pleasure in being recognised as the disciple of Saint Bhaktaraj Maharaj. Therefore, I always try to remain in the Shishyabhav (Discipleship). One benefit of remaining in Shishyabhav is that, it does not increase ego. I have also realised regarding my mission that it is taking place due to my Guru’s and God’s wish. ‘This mission should continue after me too’ – this also will be my Guru’s and God’s wish. Therefore, I would like to say, ‘I do not want to take any credit for this mission. Idam na mama (I am not the doer) !
Arranging accommodation for
elderly or sick seekers in the Ashram
When seekers who have been performing spiritual practice for the past 25-30 years get old or sick, they find it impossible to perform spiritual practice in the environment of their home; for example, an environment saturated with talk related to worldly matters, TV being on all the time, hustle and bustle of children, etc. Accommodation for such seekers is arranged in Sanatan’s Ashrams.
– Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale