1. Vyashti and samashti sadhana
1A. Vyashti sadhana : Initially, I studied some Holy texts on Spirituality out of curiosity and tried practising chanting as vyashti sadhana (Individual spiritual practice that benefits only the seeker performing it).
By studying Holy texts, I could comprehend the common words of Spirituality. When I started learning from the subtle dimension since 1982, my further study and research took place mainly through the subtle dimension and is still continuing.
1B. Samashti sadhana : I started conducting workshops for the spiritually curious individuals from 1985, conducting satsangs from 1993, etc. All the work narrated ahead is my samashti sadhana (Spiritual practice for the spread of Spirituality), which is being carried out with the blessings bestowed by my Guru Saint Bhaktaraj Maharaj in 1987.
2. Organisations founded and programmes initiated by Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale and for which He is the source of Inspiration, their objectives, scale of expansion and unique mission continuing with the grace of Guru
Note 1 : Research on Hypnosis and propagation in India – When I became a doctor, I learnt about the causes and remedies for physical ailments. After I studied psychology, I learnt the working of the mind. In the treatment usually provided by Hypnotherapists, medicines are prescribed for eliminating anxiety and depression of the patient.
Since this treatment failed to eliminate personality defects and ego, the patients continued to suffer from ailments. It was essential that effective treatment be administered to the patient to eliminate personality defects and ego. This made me intensify my search for methods in Hypnotherapy so as to eliminate personality defects and ego. By using various methods, I learnt a little about the subconscious mind.
Note 2 : The scale of expansion about the work carried out in Hypnosis –
1. From 1978 to 1983, I guided more than 500 doctors on the principles and practice of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy.
2. I started publishing an annual journal – ‘The Indian Journal of Clinical Hypnosis and Research’. Five volumes of this research journal were published between 1983 and 1987.
3. One-hundred-twenty-three articles written by me have been published in popular Periodicals.
4. I have published Texts such as –
Autohypnotherapy (2 Volumes),
Science of Hypnosis and Hypno-therapy,
Autohypnotherapy for a happy life,
Autohypnotherapy for physical ailments,
Autohypnotherapy for sexual problems,
Autohypnotherapy for psychological disorders (2 Volumes),
Importance of personality defects removal and the process of inculcation of virtues (5 Volumes).
5. Research papers appreciated in foreign countries : Research papers have been appreciated in foreign countries – this is due to the successful time Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale spent in the medical field, and His diligent and unique research in the field of Hypnotherapy. – Editor
6. Innovative research on Hypnotherapy : Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale has devised innovative methods in Hypnotherapy such as – Realisation of and control over inappropriate actions, Response substitution technique (or creating the desirable response in place of inappropriate reaction), Rehearsing an incident, etc. He was the first to discover that Eosinophilia, which is a disease of the blood cells can be caused due to mental tension.
Note 3 – Propagation of Spirituality : My Guru, Saint Bhaktaraj Maharaj told me to conduct satsangs and propagate Spirituality first in Maharashtra, later in Goa and then in Karnataka. I followed His instructions accordingly.
Then, He asked me to go to the US; however, I could not go to the US. Now, as a result of His resolve, propagation of Spirituality (Providing information on Spirituality in scientific terminology to the spiritually curious individuals and teaching them vyashti sadhana) is being carried out in most States in India and 45 foreign countries.
Note 4 – Writing Holy texts only with the blessings of Guru, Saint Bhaktaraj Maharaj
1. 7.57 million copies of 312 Holy texts and booklets in 17 languages on subjects such as Spirituality, Dharma, Deities, Spiritual practice, Awakening on Dharma, Protection of the Nation, etc.
2. Over 8,000 Holy texts on 11,000 subjects are yet to be published
(Additional information on this aspect will be given in Article number 3)
Note 5 – Periodicals in five languages
1A. Daily (Marathi, 4 Editions)
1B. Weekly (Marathi and Kannada)
1C. Fortnightly (Hindi and English)
1D. Monthly (Gujarati) (March 2000 to March 2019)
– Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale
(To be continued)
(For more information about the mission, please read – ‘Brief introduction to the expansive and unique mission of Paratpar Guru [Dr.] Athavale)